Go places you never thought you could.
Your license to fly can streamline your workdays and redefine your weekends. With a Cirrus, it is speed, safety, convenience, and control in luxury comfort.
The Plane With A Parachute
Dominion Aviation’s Flight Training Department exclusively uses and rents Cirrus Aircraft, the safest, most technologically advanced aircraft currently available. Our two 2015 Cirrus SR20 aircraft are equipped with Garmin G1000 Perspective avionics, synthetic vision, air conditioning, and Sirius XM Radio; luxuries you won’t find at other flight schools.
If you have questions, send us an email: [email protected]
CAPS SAVES LIVES
CAPS® – Cirrus Airframe Parachute System® – the most significant safety innovation in over a half-century of general aviation. Flying safely will always be our most fundamental mission.
- Discovery Flight
- Private Pilot
- Instrument Rating
- Commercial Pilot
- Flight Instructor
- Pilot Services*
- Rental Aircraft**
- Flight Simulator
- Discovery Flight: It all starts right here! Contact us today to set up a Discovery Flight for you or someone you think will enjoy flying a plane from start-up, to almost a landing!
- $199.00 for a half-hour (1/2) flight with (1/2) half-hour of ground instruction, for a total of 1 exciting hour! Ask the instructor if you can bring a friend!
- Student Pilot: Become a pilot!
- AOPA Student Membership Magazine
- Private: Becoming a pilot is one of the most rewarding and thrilling things someone can accomplish. Some may want to learn to fly as a hobby, as a career or to fulfill a lifelong dream. But the first step towards this goal is obtaining a private pilot license. From your first logged hours to your check ride, we give you the tools, training, and support to be safe, proficient pilots. Richmond Executive-Chesterfield County Airport is the perfect location to learn how to navigate in today’s flying environment.
- What does it take to become a private pilot?
- At a minimum, 17 years of age, a valid FAA medical from an FAA authorized doctor, FAA Student Pilot license, Valid Passport or Government I.D. authorized by the TSA for a background check, ground study + 40 hours of flight training (We find the average student needs well past this minimum), ground/flight-specific training, solo flights, and an FAA written, oral, and practical test!
- What does it take to become a private pilot?
- Instrument: Once you’ve obtained your private pilot certificate, the next step would be to receive additional training by getting an instrument rating. The training process consists of nearly the same amount of training hours as the Private Pilot License. As an instrument-rated pilot, you open up another avenue for flying that isn’t available as a private pilot, safely flying in clouds!
- Commercial: Training for the commercial certificate focuses on a better understanding of aircraft systems with a higher standard of airmanship. The test for your commercial certificate requires demonstrating many of the private pilot maneuvers, just at a much higher level of competency. There are a few maneuvers introduced that require the finesse of your visual flying abilities.
- Flight Instructor: After your commercial rating, what do you want to do? A good way to build hours while giving the gift of flying to someone else is to become a Certified Flight Instructor (CFI). As a flight instructor, you can teach at many different levels, from private pilot to more advanced training in instrument conditions, commercial certificates, and more. While you are teaching, you can log these hours as flight time and get compensated as a commercial pilot.
- BFR/IPC: Flight Review or Instrument Proficiency check. We want you to be safe and we will work with you in support of these goals!
- Pilot Services: This is for everything else! Whether you need training in your aircraft, delivery of a new or used aircraft, a quick refresher on short fields and stalls, or just need someone in that right seat on a trip, we can help! *$75 an hour for instruction in your aircraft.
**All flight school aircraft are available for rental with proper check out and rental requirements.
- $265/hr 2015 SR-20 Garmin with Air Conditioning
- $80/hr 2017 Ground-based Flight Simulator
- $75/hr Flight Instruction/Ground Instruction
**We also instruct in our 1995 Baron BE58. Email for details.
Our pilots conduct a flight training curriculum that leads the industry. Tailored instruction and our professional staff get you off the ground and comfortable in the air.
Efe Tokman: CFI, CFII, MEI
Nick McHugh: CFI, CFII, MEI
Will Aiken: CFI. CFII
Justin Eshelman: CFI, CFII, MEI, CSIP