Go places you never thought you could.
Your license to fly can streamline your work days and redefine your weekends. With a Cirrus, it is speed, safety, convenience, and control in luxury comfort.
The Plane With A Parachute
Dominion Aviation’s Flight Training Department exclusively uses and rents Cirrus Aircraft, the safest, most technically advanced aircraft currently available. If you have questions, send us an email: [email protected]
Cirrus Flight Training
- Discovery Flight
- Cirrus Transition
- Private Pilot
- Instrument Rating
- Commercial Pilot
- Flight Instructor
- Pilot Services*
- Rental Aircraft**
- Free Monthly Series
- Flight Simulator
- Discovery Flight: It all starts right here! Contact us today to set up a Discovery flight for you or someone you think will enjoy flying a plane from start up, to almost a landing!
- $185.00 for a half hour (1/2) Flight with (1/2) half hour of ground, for a total of 1 exciting hour! Ask the instructor if you can bring a friend!
- Student Pilot: Become a pilot!
- Private: Becoming a pilot is one of the most rewarding and thrilling things someone can accomplish. Some may want to learn to fly as a hobby, as a career, or to fulfill a lifelong dream. But the first step towards this goal is obtaining a private pilot license. From your first logged hours to your check ride, we give you the tools, training and support to be safe, proficient pilots. Richmond Executive Chesterfield Airport will be the perfect location to learn how to navigate in today’s flying environment.
- FAQ: What does it take to become a private pilot?
- Answer: At a minimum, 17 years of age, a valid FAA medical from an FAA authorized doctor, FAA Student Pilot license, Valid Passport or Government I.D. authorized by the TSA for a background check, ground study + 40 hours of flight training (We find the average student needs well past this minimum), ground/flight specific training, cross country and solo flights, and an FAA written, oral, and practical test!
- Instrument: Once you’ve obtained your private pilot certificate, the next step would be to receive additional training by getting an instrument rating. As an instrument rated pilot, you open up another avenue for flying that isn’t available as a private pilot, safely flying in clouds!
- Commercial: Training for the commercial certificate focuses on a better understanding of aircraft systems with a higher standard of airmanship. The test for your commercial certificate requires demonstrating many of the private pilot maneuvers, just at a much higher level of competency. There are a few maneuvers introduced that require finesse of your visual flying abilities.
- Flight Instructor: After your commercial rating, what do you want to do? A good way to build hours while giving the gift of flying to someone else is to become a Certified Flight Instructor (CFI). As a flight instructor, you can teach at many different levels, from private pilot to more advanced training in instrument conditions, commercial certificates, and more. While you are teaching, you can log these hours as flight time and get compensated as a commercial pilot.
- Cirrus Transition: Aviation has come a long way in the last 100 years. However, we believe that no small aircraft embraces the 21st century more than Cirrus. This aircraft is built to give the pilot more options, safety, and information than ever before. As a Cirrus Training Center, Dominion is able to offer structured training to get you ready to fly the next generation aircraft.
- BFR/IPC: Flight Review or Instrument Proficiency check. We want you to be safe and we will work with you in support of these goals!
- Pilot Services: This is for everything else! Whether you need training in your aircraft, delivery of a new or used aircraft, a quick refresher on short fields and stalls, or just need someone in that right seat on a trip, we can help! *$60 an hour for instruction in your aircraft.
- Monthly Series: Each month at Dominion, we offer FREE open discussions about various aviation topics that we feel would benefit our local aviation community. Contact us today about dates, times and topics for next month! Please RSVP so we know to expect you!
**All flight school aircraft are available for rental with proper check out and rental requirements.
- $225/hr 2003 SR-20 Avidyne
- $250/hr 2015 SR-20 Garmin with Air Conditioning
- $285/hr 2005 SR-22 Avidyne with Air Conditioning
- $140/hr 2017 Ground based Flight Simulator with Instructor
- $ 60/hr Flight/Ground Instructor
Dominion Aviation is an Authorized Cirrus Training Center, (CTC). We utilize several CSIP and TCI standardized FAA CFI-I instructors for all training. Our Cirrus Standardized Instructor Pilots conduct a flight training curriculum that leads the industry. Tailored instruction and our professional staff get you off the ground and comfortable in the air.
Matt Welch – CSIP & Chief Instructor
Justin Eshelman – TCI & Lead Instructor
Bryan Smith – CSIP & Director of Cirrus Operations
CAPS SAVES LIVES
CAPS® – Cirrus Airframe Parachute System® – the most significant safety innovation in over a half-century of general aviation. Flying safely will always be our most fundamental mission.